Dr. Werner Bürklin has authored two books.
First, Jesus Never Left China: the Rest of the Story, which was published in 2005 by Pleasant Word (a division of WinePress Publishing), exposes seldom reported truths about China and her church. In his book, Dr. Bürklin scrutinizes the truth about heresies, such as Falun Gong, shedding new light on persecution. While the church enjoys relative freedom, it also faces danger from within. This fascinating book focuses on the tremendous change in China-and the opportnities that it presents.
“This book dispels the myths and misconceptions so many in the West have about God’s wonderful work in China.” – Dr. Richard Mouw (President, Fuller Seminary, Pasadena, CA, USA)
“He has always endeavored to paint a true picture of God’s mighty work in China” – The late Ruth Graham
“His firsthand experience and wide exposure to China make his writing and the story he tells credible, balanced, and worthy reading” – Dr. Wilson Chow (Former President, China Graduate School of Theology, Hong Kong)
Dr. Teh-An “Daniel” Hsu, China Partner’s Director of Training, completed a Mandarin Chinese translation of the book in 2008, published by The Ark Limited (Hong Kong, China). Copies of the Mandarin edition can be ordered from the translator at http://www.syconsultingservices.com
Second, Hitler, Mao & Jesus - The Autobiography of Werner Bürklin was published in 2012 also by Pleasant Word. This 500-page book reveals the personal, even intimate details of the 80 plus years of his life. Beginning with his birth in China, then his membership in the Hitler Youth movement, his conversion to Christ, his education in China, Germany, France and the USA, his wedding and finally his world-wide ministry in over 125 countries reveals a fascinating story.
Jesus Never Left China and Hitler, Mao & Jesus, both in English, are available at Amazon.com. You may contact China Partner to order either copy for a suggested donation of $50.
While the China Partner newsletters provide brief, timely insights into China’s culture and policies, the Chinese Church, and how to partner with God’s work there they cannot provide you with all the information you may want to learn. While the staff and representatives of China Partner would like to interact in person with as many individuals and groups as possible, they recognize that reaching everyone in person is simply not feasible. In light of this reality, a collection of articles written by China Partner representatives and other informed authors is provided here to aide in your pursuit of learning more about China. This is not an exhaustive collection but rather a carefully selected group of documents which convey the truth as the China Partner staff have experienced it in China.
Please feel free to download (at the bottom of this page) any article China Partner has published, printing copies as needed for personal or group/church use. Articles from other authors/publishers are copyrighted and thus permission to print and disseminate any of these articles must be obtained from their original copyright owner.
- Bridging the Gulf Between Christians in China - Dr. Werner Burklin (published in the Evangelical Mission Quarterly in 1999)
- China’s Fourth Generation - Dr. Werner Burklin
- Church in China at Crossroads - Dr. Werner Burklin: A personal plea for more tolerance towards the other part of the body of Christ affiliated with the TSPM/CCC
- Official Report of China Survey - Dr. Werner Burklin: One of the most frequent questions asked about China is: “How many Christians live in China?”
- Opportunities and Challenges of Theological Training in China, As experienced by China Partner - Dr. Werner Burklin
- The Role of Theological Education for a Changing Church and Society in China - Dr. Werner Burklin
- Effective Ministry Strategies for China - Erik Burklin
- Working with the Communists - Tony Carnes: Some evangelicals minister happily within China's state-supervised Three Self church (Christianity Today, October 7, 2002)